For Desktops and Laptops:
Click the above link to turn on the magnifier. Then hover over the image for the magnifier to appear.
Click and drag upwards to increase the ZOOM of the magnifier; to decrease it, do the opposite.
Click and drag to the right to increase the SIZE of the magnifier; to shrink it, click and drag to the left.
On Touch Devices, simply pinch to zoom, bypassing the mouse function.
- Formation of Truro parish (1732)—page 1
- First mention of Pohick Church, referred to as "Occoquan Church" (1733)—page 2
- The first Falls Church ordered built "near Michael Reagan's" (1733)—page 3
- Name changed from Occoquan Church to Pohick Church (1733)—page 3
- Augustine Washington (father of George Washington) sworn in as vestryman (1735)—page 11
- Augustine Washington nominates Charles Green as Truro Parish's first Rector (1736)—page 12
- George Mason attends his first vestry meeting (1749)—page 61
- George Mason appointed church warden (1750)—page 64
- The Rev. Mr. Green to begin preaching every third Sunday in Alexandria (1752)—page 75
- William Fairfax elected to the vestry (1755)—page 80
- George William Fairfax succeeds his late father on the vestry (1757)—page 86
- George Washington elected to the vestry (1762)—page 97
- George William Fairfax and George Washington elected church wardens (1763)—page 99
- Decision to build a new Falls Church (1763)—page 100
- Decision to build Payne's Church on Ox Road in present Fairfax Station (1766)—page 108
- George Washington recommends Lee Massey to be the rector of Truro Parish (1766)—page 109
- New location of Pohick Church chosen (1769)—page 137
- Description of the new Pohick Church (1769)—pages 138-141
- Pews purchased in the new Pohick Church (1772/73)—pages 154-156
- George Washington to procure linens and prayer books for Pohick Church (1773)—page 161
- Last colonial vestry meeting (1785)—pages 185ff
- Minutes of the Overseers of the Poor (1787-1802)—pages 188ff
For commentary, view the online version of Philip Slaughter'sThe History of Truro Parish in Virginia (1907).