The Establishment of Truro Parish
Hamilton parish was established in 1730, consisting of
everything from (later) Prince William county northward
to the Potomac and westward to the Blue Ridge.
Truro Parish was established in 1732, from the
Occoquan northward to the Potomac and westward to
the Blue Ridge. This was later Fairfax country.
The Vestry was elected and met at the Occoquan
Church that year.
Either a new church was built at the Cranford site and
named Pohick Church, or the existing church there was
renamed Pohick Church that same year.